Part-time tech support for local small businessFlexible hours! This is a solid opportunity to work with a technically adept company with a strong commitment to excellence and customer service.
Part-time tech support for local small business. Flexible hours!
Updated: Jan 27
About Us: Founded in 2005, Information Results Corporation is a local small services business. We provide Business Phone Installation and Service, Computer and Network Support, and Atlassian Jira Software support to organizations in New England … and beyond. (Jira Software is part of a family of products designed to help teams of all types manage work.)
Why we need YOU: Now in our 18th year, we’ve able to accomplish a lot with a small staff. How? By incorporating a high degree of organization, implementing clear processes, and providing superb customer service. To grow more though, we need YOU! Ideally, we are seeking someone who is interested in staying on board for the long term.
What you’ll be doing: Your strong attention to detail and can-do attitude will bring great value to our Business Technical Support practice. We respond to a variety of customer requests regarding desktop software, email, networking, VOIP phone systems, printers, and the like. You’ll be documenting requests, solving problems, and following up with each customer. You’ll also be writing up solutions and procedures in our knowledge base. And there’s also a lot of really interesting related projects that you’ll be working on! Examples of the work is outlined below.
Where you’ll work: We have a flex/hybrid model for employees. You may work in our Boxboro office, or from home, or a combination of the two. In either case, all employees will visit the office regularly, about twice a month, to meet with the team. We provide most customer support remotely, although occasionally, you may visit a customer onsite. A valid driver’s license, a good driving record and a reliable vehicle are required.
Hours and schedule: We do need coverage during normal business hours, but we will also be flexible and work out a good schedule that works for everyone. Overall we would be looking at about 10-15 hours per week to start, with more hours possible over time.
Like to learn new stuff? This is the place! This is a great opportunity to work with a technically adept company with a strong commitment to excellence and customer service.
Typical Day to Day Activities
- Work with customers via our service desk and by phone to clarify inbound requests
- Participate in office moves, internet installations, and phone system installs
- Maintain an inventory of customer hardware and software
- Troubleshoot problems related to email, software, internet, computers and more
- Install and maintain desktop and laptop computers
- Keep our knowledge base up to date
- Work on related web, database and programming projects
Desired Skills And Demeanor
- Basic knowledge of Windows 10 / 11
- Basic knowledge of networking
- Experience with desktop application support such as Outlook and Microsoft 365
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated and a quick learner
- Ability to carefully follow detailed procedures, and to document existing procedures
- Friendly, considerate, positive and helpful attitude
- Patience and skill working with customers and vendors
These are a plus
- Website editing experience, such as WordPress
- Programming or scripting experience
- SQL or database experience
How to Apply
We’re only considering local candidates who are not currently working full-time.
- All candidates must APPLY ONLINE using this link: Job Application
- Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- There will be people contact in this job, therefore, we are seeking candidates who are up to date on Covid vaccinations and boosters.
- Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to speaking with you!
Due to time constraints, we are unable to respond to every applicant.