Part-time Customer/Admin/Marketing Support
Compensation: W2 employee, starting pay is up to $25 per hour DOE
We’re only considering LOCAL candidates who are not currently working full-time.
About us: We take care of an organization’s computers, phones, software, websites and network, so that their team can focus on what they do best.
Since 2005, Information Results Corporation has provided Business Phone Installation and Service, Business Technical Support and Custom Software Development to companies and non-profits in New England and beyond. We’re devoted to the simple concept of getting it right … the first time. We’re also dedicated to providing friendly, personal and competent customer support.
Why we need YOU: Now in our 17th year, the company has been able to accomplish a lot with a very small staff due to a high level of organization, clear processes and superb customer service. But we’re currently under-staffed. To grow faster, we need YOU! You’ll make a big impact right away working on interesting projects. Ideally, we are seeking someone who is interested in staying on board for the long term.
If you like variety, we’ve got you covered! Every day is a bit different.
What you’ll be doing: Your strong attention to detail and can-do attitude will bring great value to the customer support department. We respond to a variety of customer requests regarding desktop software, email, networking, phone, printers, and websites. You’ll be documenting requests, passing them along to Level 2 support when needed, and following up with the customer. Also, there are a variety of other tasks, some of which are outlined below.
We thrive on clarity and transparency.
Where you’ll work: For the most part, the work can be done remotely. However, in today’s virtual world, something is lost without some regular face to face contact. Therefore, we are focused on local candidates who can meet in-person regularly (approx. once or twice a month). Such meetings will take into account the CDC’s current guidance regarding COVID19 safety.
Don’t get disqualified! Read the entire post and follow the application instructions below.
Hours and schedule: Since many of our customers are in the local area, the position is for someone who can work with us during at least some of the hours we are open (8:30am-5pm EST, Monday-Friday). Overall we would be looking at about 10-15 hours per week. More hours will be available later, if things go really well.
Want to learn new stuff? Great! You will likely learn new skills in this role. This is a great opportunity to work with a technically adept company with a strong commitment to excellence and customer service.
Full disclosure: Our standards are high. If this resonates with you, let’s talk!
Day to Day Activities
These are just examples. There’s a lot of variety to the work.
- Work with customers via our service desk and by phone to clarify inbound requests
- Follow up with customers for quality assurance purposes
- Maintain Constant Contact and send out newsletters
- Maintain an inventory of customer hardware and software
- Keep our knowledge base up to date
Operations / Marketing Support
- Develop and deploy new marketing campaigns
- Publish newsletters, news items and news releases
- Create and/or update website content
- Maintain business directory listings
- Special projects using MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, WordPress
- Document internal company procedures
- Contact vendors to gather information and/or resolve issues
Desired Skills And Demeanor
- Very strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (spelling and grammar too)
- Ability to carefully follow detailed procedures, and to document existing procedures
- Friendly, considerate, positive and helpful attitude
- Patience and skill working with customers and vendors
Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English.
These are a plus
- Any technical skills / interests
- Solid working knowledge of Windows and/or Mac
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and Photoshop
- Website editing experience
Still reading? Great — Here’s How to Apply.
- Only LOCAL candidates who are not currently working full-time are being considered for this role.
- Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Kindly convert all attachments to PDF before sending. We will accept up to 3 attachments in total. Other file formats (Word, etc) will not be accepted.
- Include a brief cover letter of less than 1500 characters.
- Include a your resume, and your LinkedIn profile if you have one.
- Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to speaking with you!
How to Apply
To apply, complete our Job Application, and attach a cover letter and resume in PDF format. Thank you for your interest!
M-F: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Sat: 10:00am - 2:00pm
100 Powermill Rd, Suite 200
Acton MA 01720