Part-time Administrative Assistant (Learn Tech Support)We'll provide any additional training needed!
$20-24/hr – Part-time Administrative Assistant (Learn Technical Support)
Updated: Feb 12th
We’re seeking a Part-time Administrative Assistant who is interested in learning technical customer support, or has related experience. We’ll provide any additional training needed!
About Us: Founded in 2005, Information Results Corporation is a small local services business. We provide Business Phone Installation and Service, Computer and Network Support, and Atlassian Jira Software support to organizations in New England … and beyond.
Why we need YOU: Now in our 18th year, we’ve able to accomplish a lot with a small staff. How? By incorporating a high degree of organization, implementing clear processes, and providing superb customer service. To grow more though, we need YOU! We are seeking someone who is interested in staying on board for the long term.
What you’ll be doing: Your strong attention to detail and can-do attitude will bring great value to our Business Technical Support practice. In this role, you will work on various administrative tasks, as well as respond to customers who have computer and software questions. You’ll document customer requests, work with other staff to resolve problems, and follow up with customers. You’ll also be writing up solutions and procedures in our knowledge base. Examples of the work is outlined below.
Where you’ll work: We have a flex/hybrid model for employees. You may work in our professionally managed Boxboro office, or from home, or a combination of the two. In either case, all employees will visit the office regularly, about twice a month, to meet with the team. We provide most customer support remotely, although sometimes, you may visit a customer onsite. These customers are local to the Acton/Concord area.
Hours and schedule: We do need coverage during normal business hours, but we will also be flexible and work out a good schedule that works for everyone. Overall we would be looking at about 10-15 hours per week to start, with more hours possible over time.
Like to learn new stuff? This is the place! Our company values training and we’re always learning. You would likely learn several new skills within the first few months.
Typical Day to Day Activities
- Work with customers via our service desk and by phone to clarify inbound requests
- Maintain an inventory of customer hardware and software
- Work with other team members to troubleshoot customer-reported questions
- Install and maintain desktop and laptop computers
- Keep our knowledge base up to date
- Participate in office moves, internet installations, and phone system installs
- Work on technical projects that match your skills/interests
Desired Skills And Demeanor
- Basic knowledge of Windows 10 / 11
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated and a quick learner
- Ability to carefully follow detailed procedures, and to document existing procedures
- Friendly, considerate, positive and helpful attitude
- Patience and skill working with customers and vendors
These are not required, but would be a plus
- Experience with desktop applications such as Outlook and Microsoft 365
- Website editing experience, such as WordPress
- Programming or scripting experience
- SQL or database experience
How to Apply
We’re only considering local candidates who are not currently working full-time.
- All candidates must APPLY ONLINE using this link: Job Application
- Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- A valid driver’s license, a good driving record and a reliable vehicle are required.
- Applicants must be current on their COVID-19 Vaccines Including Boosters
- Thank you for your interest!